Monday, January 7, 2013

Mutya Keisha Siobhan - Boys preview


Ok my Musiggerists great news! I just came back at home after a long day @ work and guess what I discovered by surfing the net? A huge sneak peek from one of the best female trio I think the British industry has ever created. Of course I am talking about Mutya Buena, Keisha Buchanan and Siobhan Donaghy, the three ex-Sugababes now known as MKS.

I was so excited when reading the news that finally the re-combined babes released a 1:41 minutes video on YouTube, anticipating what it should be their first single together after more than 10 years of separation. In the video they sing this a cappella song called Boys, supremely harmonized with the three girls' voices: starting with Mutya's mezzo soprano, then proceeding with Siobhan's clear soprano and ending with Keisha's alto.
The performance contains many harmonizations (they really know how to do this!) spaced out between each solo verse. Amazing.

Moreover on Soundcloud, Popjustice released a 3 seconds sneak peak of the song. It seems it will be a mid-tempo track that will be produced by the proven hit-maker Ash Howes (better known for Ellie Goulding's massive hit Lights), the guru Richard "Biff" Stannard (who produced Spice Girls and Kylie), and MNEK who collaborated with The Saturdays. 

Enjoy both the sneak peeks.

P.S. I really want to dedicate this post to my dear friend Alex who actually made me a great creative gift: check my "About Me" picture. Thanks dude! Now enjoy the music guys :)